The ultimate community for Ruby on Rails developers.

Photo

datepicker gem?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 swigrid

swigrid

Passenger

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 09 December 2013 - 10:07 PM

hi all,

i've been searching for datepicker gem for rails 4 and simple form for past couple of days. i couldn't come up with any solution. All were looking too complicated to me and didn't work.

can somebody point me out direction where to go? in rails 2 days i used to use calendar_date_select gem/plugin which was very simple to use. i didn't need to add any javascript to views or anything like that.

by any chance do you have experience with gem file well working with simple_form gem and possibly with no additional need writing java script serving the picker. i would be hoping that javascript would be generated by gem itself in view.

i believe so there is already solution, but to me looks like i m running all the time in circle and keep trying to implement solution without any success as there is so many gems to try where i m getting lost

thanks for any direction :)

#2 santi_2010

santi_2010

Passenger

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 13 December 2013 - 08:23 PM

Hi swigrid!

I was searching for a datapicker gem for rails 4 too but I end using this:

https://github.com/E...-datetimepicker

You will need to add some javascript but is not that much, and it is understandable.

Just go for the manual installation, and follow the steps. It is easy to use and also looks great.

If you have some problems dont worry to ask.

Have a great day!

#3 swigrid

swigrid

Passenger

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 20 December 2013 - 12:22 PM

hello santi,

thanks for reply, actually i did end up using this one

http://github.com/zp...imepicker-rails

it is nicely integrating with simple_form and i don't need adding any javascript, just using

f.input :expire_date, label: false, :as => :date_picker

and job is done  :)

• katafrakt likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users