The ultimate community for Ruby on Rails developers.

Photo

Couple more suggestions

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Jemagee

Jemagee

Inspector

• Members
  • 61 posts

Posted 15 August 2013 - 06:00 PM

One thing I'm really good at coming up with is ideas that I don't always know how to fully implement .

Maybe a 'review my site' forum?  So people can get critiques on things they're working on?

I'm not sure if it has a place (though one of the staff mentioned they were a UI designer so maybe) but a 'design' discussion, within the confines of rails.  My biggest weakness is thinking about layout, the introduction of bootstrap has given me an easy framework to work with but I know I'll still have questions

• AstonJ likes this

#2 AstonJ

AstonJ

Dispatcher

• Members
  • 35 posts

Posted 16 August 2013 - 12:26 PM

I think this is a good idea given Rails is a web development framework - so a broader 'Website' section could be a good fit.

:)

#3 Jamie

Jamie

Controller

• Moderators
  • 114 posts
  • LocationThe UK

Posted 16 August 2013 - 01:07 PM

One thing I'm really good at coming up with is ideas that I don't always know how to fully implement .

Maybe a 'review my site' forum?  So people can get critiques on things they're working on?

I'm not sure if it has a place (though one of the staff mentioned they were a UI designer so maybe) but a 'design' discussion, within the confines of rails.  My biggest weakness is thinking about layout, the introduction of bootstrap has given me an easy framework to work with but I know I'll still have questions

I think this is a good idea given Rails is a web development framework - so a broader 'Website' section could be a good fit.

While I think this is a good suggestion - Right now I would imagine we want to focus on getting some good content on the forums and people learning and getting involved in Rails discussion I would say people could use this thread in the General Chat area to post what they're working on for now so we don't look like a forum with lots of categories and no content.

:)

Rails developer based in Newcastle, UK.
Web app owner - Twitter lover

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users