The ultimate community for Ruby on Rails developers.

Photo

Daniel, from the RailsApps Project

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 DanielKehoe

DanielKehoe

Passenger

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 14 August 2013 - 05:47 PM

My name is Daniel Kehoe. I've been involved with the development of the Web since its beginnings in 1991, as one of the first participants in Tim Berner-Lee's www-talk forum. I am a former writer and editor at PC WORLD and NeXTWORLD magazines. I've worked with Rails as a consultant and technical cofounder in various startups and now my focus is the RailsApps Project, which provides example applications that can be used as starter apps, as well as in-depth articles and tutorials.

When I started with Rails in 2006, I was helped by the Rails starter apps developed by Courtenay Gasking and the Caboose gang. The RailsForum was my go-to source for help. Was sad to see neglect and spam degrade its value over the years but now thrilled and heartened to see the new initiative to revive it.

One of the most useful sections of the old RailsForum was the "Tutorials" topic. It inspired me to begin writing in-depth tutorials as I learned Rails, and over the years, those tutorials have grown in depth to become my RailsApps project.

#2 Adam

Adam

Inspector

• Administrators
  • 71 posts

Posted 14 August 2013 - 05:54 PM

Hi Daniel - good to see a very well seasoned pro on board :)

We'll certainly bring back the Tutorials forum if we find enough demand for it. Many of the old tutorials are out of date now so we'll be starting from scratch when we start a new one. We wanted to keep the number of forums down initially to avoid too much inactivity while we build things up again.

Adam Cooke

from aTech Media - UK-based Ruby on Rails developers. 

Follow me on Twitter  •  Check out my code on GitHub  •  Take a look at my designs

#3 DanielKehoe

DanielKehoe

Passenger

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 14 August 2013 - 05:57 PM

If/when you bring back Tutorials forum, I'll post links to what I've written. The best part of the Tutorials forum was how it inspired people to write tutorials and short help articles. I wasn't the only one :-)

#4 Adam

Adam

Inspector

• Administrators
  • 71 posts

Posted 14 August 2013 - 06:20 PM

I'm pleased to say the Tutorials forum is back! Post away :)

• Roderick likes this

Adam Cooke

from aTech Media - UK-based Ruby on Rails developers. 

Follow me on Twitter  •  Check out my code on GitHub  •  Take a look at my designs

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users