The ultimate community for Ruby on Rails developers.

Photo

Spam Notification / Auto Remove?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Jemagee

Jemagee

Inspector

• Members
  • 62 posts

Posted 15 August 2013 - 03:58 PM

As it seems one of the many spammers who existed at the old forum have found a way past the sign up functionality, might I suggest the ability to mark a post as 'spam', and gives the user a 'spam' score and that there is some sort of automatic 'deletion' function for both user and post when the spam count gets to a certain level?

#2 Adam

Adam

Inspector

• Administrators
  • 71 posts

Posted 15 August 2013 - 04:03 PM

We're looking at ways to deal with this. In the meantime, please just hit Report if you see any SPAM and we'll get rid of it.

Adam Cooke

from aTech Media - UK-based Ruby on Rails developers. 

Follow me on Twitter  •  Check out my code on GitHub  •  Take a look at my designs

#3 Jemagee

Jemagee

Inspector

• Members
  • 62 posts

Posted 15 August 2013 - 04:05 PM

Ah - I didn't even see that report was an option - maybe a darker font color?:)

#4 Jemagee

Jemagee

Inspector

• Members
  • 62 posts

Posted 15 August 2013 - 06:14 PM

One thought I just had about this - maybe if you make the 'introduce yourself' post required for people to post their own posts?  Mostly the spammers won't go through that process?

#5 Ohm

Ohm

Guard

• Members
  • 179 posts
  • LocationCopenhagen

Posted 16 August 2013 - 07:16 AM

Ah - I didn't even see that report was an option - maybe a darker font color? :)

It seems that the report link highlights as you hover the post. I believe this is good enough.

As to the required "introduce yourself" post, I don't like the idea. Yes many bots/spammers won't do it, but many lurkers or one-time-posters won't either. It might be easier for some to get into a forum by simply posting a question or answering one, than to first introduce themselves.

Blog: http://ohm.sh | Twitter: madsohm

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users