ARCTOS Consulting is a company of Recruitment, Training and Consultancy in personnel.
We are a highly specialized company not only with great human resources expertise developed over the last thirty years, but also employing young consultants who are highly trained in state-of-the-art technologies. Since we have very little administration our costs can be kept to a minimum whilst providing maximum quality of service.
Our client is a modern successful German company providing web services.
Their Data Science Team is responsible for turning data into services within the company. Data scientists, architects and developers work together to create highly scalable solutions to serve their users.
The Data Science Team offers an open position for a Senior Front-End Engineer with strong Ruby on Rails development skills (m/f) in order to be responsible for the front-end of our search services and additional data services developed in the group on top of our infrastructure stack (e.g., ElasticSearch, Hadoop, etc.). That implies not only to fully understand and use the data services developed in the team, but also to align with User Experience teams as well as to perform A/B tests in order to improve the overall user satisfaction.
Their team is looking for a motivated and experienced Front-End Engineer with strong Ruby on Rails development skills that wants to work with the latest technologies in an international environment (our team has people from 9 different nationalities!) and with extremely challenging goals.
What we are looking for:
• Assurance of cross-browser compatibility
• Awesome (X)HTML and CSS skills
• Motivated and experienced Ruby developer and front-end engineer
• Solid experience in writing Rails code
• You like to stay on the cutting edge of web application development
• Experience with Git or other version control system
• Proficient English speaking in a working environment (German language not required)
Desirable / Interesting:
• Experience with Search Engines such as SolR or ElasticSearch is a plus
• Contribution to open source projects
• SQL-Knowledge (MySQL is a plus)
• Experience with Java or Scala
• Working knowledge of agile software development (e.g., Scrum, Kanban)
What we offer:
• Office in the heart of Hamburg
• Young, experienced and dynamic working environment
• An international team (currently we have people from 9 different nationalities!)
• Latest technologies and working on large, distributed, asynchronous architectures
• Working on a high availability, high performance, high traffic website with more than 13 million users
• We use Open Source software wherever possible and we contribute back
• Mobile device of your choice (mobile or tablet)
• Free fruits, water and coffee
• German/English classes at our office
• Regular team events and off-sites, and lots of fun besides work
• And last but not least: extremely challenging goals!
To find more information and apply click here: http://service.jober...56-ee-b8-d9e294