The ultimate community for Ruby on Rails developers.

Error layout

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Jorge

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 29 August 2013 - 07:58 PM

Hi all,

I have created a form to insert new records (see "Selección_001.png") with two mandatory fields ("name" and "surname") but if I try to insert a blank record (so it is invalid) I get the two errors (that is correct) but the page layout is modified (see "Selección_002.png"), which is not correct.

As you can see "Name" label, "name" text box, "Surname" label, and "surname" text box are moved each one to a new line (which is different from to original layout)

I have tried to delete ALL css files on the folder but without success ("Selección_003.png"), the red color disappears but the layout is still modified ;-(

Does anybody know what file I have to update to avoid this change in my layout?

Attached Thumbnails

• Selección_001.png
  • Selección_002.png
  • Selección_003.png

#2 Jamie

• Moderators
  • 141 posts
  • LocationNewcastle, UK

Posted 29 August 2013 - 08:09 PM

Hi man

This is most likely happening because you're using a scaffold css file in your assets/stylesheets folder.

It usually contains css for .field_with_errors which contains display: table I think...

That'll be what's causing it mate.

If not, right click and inspect element, highlight the input and see what CSS is applied and which file it belongs to.

Rails developer based in Newcastle, UK.

#3 Jorge

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 29 August 2013 - 09:04 PM   Best Answer

Thanks Jamie!

You are right! The "issue" was on HTML code: each faulty HTML tag was being wrapped inside a new <div>, so the default behavior was to start a new line.

I have added "display:inline-block" in the CSS class and everything is working perfect now.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users