The ultimate community for Ruby on Rails developers.

Photo

Hi, I'm Robert from Maryland

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Logix

Logix

Passenger

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 29 August 2013 - 02:27 PM

I am currently learning Ruby & Java Script as a necessity, due to creating an online ad-supported digital content startup. Since I do not have a technical co-founder and finding one has been a difficult process so far, I've decided to start learning how to code at a more advanced level (something I should have done years ago).

I currentlly know Python, HTML, Java, Pascal (yeah, an oldie but goodie).

Let's see, a little about myself:

I was born in Hong Kong, lived in Shanghai, Tokyo, London, Pennsylvania and currently live on the Maryland side of Washington D.C. While I was born overseas, I am an American by birth.

I am currently the founder of a startup that seeks to provide a hybrid of Netflix & Cable for free, paid for via interactive, big data supported, advertising. I want to change how tv/movies are viewed and paid for, while at the same time chaning how online advertising is viewed (changing it from brand awareness to 30 second stores).

Imagine being able to actually buy products/services directly from an interactive ad. From being able to order a pizza to a vacation to a toothbrush, reserve a seat at a restaurant (then have your phone alert you when it's time to go, after checking for traffic, then alerting the restaurant if you're going to be late) to seeing a recipe ad and adding all the ingredients to your PeaPod order; I want to make advertising helpful once again.

So, while I'm here for pointers on Ruby while I learn it, I'm also here to find a potential co-founder.

#2 james

james

Guard

• Moderators
  • 221 posts
  • LocationLeeds, U.K.

Posted 30 August 2013 - 02:52 AM

Hi Robert.

Welcome to the forum.

Pascal or rather Object Pascal aka Delphi was my favourite language till I hit on Ruby! Loved it!

Programming is just about problem solving!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users