The ultimate community for Ruby on Rails developers.

Photo

Hi! I'm Xiruki! :)

rails ruby on rails xiruki xiruki tepe

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Xiruki

Xiruki

Passenger

• Members
  • 2 posts
  • LocationKarakura Town

Posted 23 August 2013 - 03:28 AM

So let's see..

Hi there guys! I'm Xiruki! I'm a Ruby on Rails Ninja from Philippines.

Well I love RAILS (that's why I'm here). But before diving into ROR, I've been through a lot of other technologies like C, C++, Java, Assembly Language, Flash Actionscript, PHP and more.

What I like about RAILS is its simplicity, ease of use, the DRY concept, and the convention over configuration aspect.

Since I graduated from college... I didn't expect that I would be an ROR Developer because I was really into PHP before.

Until accidentally, the first company that hired me... forced us to use Ruby on Rails.

At first, I'm a little bit of unconfident and uncomfortable because it was my first time to use Rails.

I've tried to read a lot of stuffs from the official Ruby on Rails site (www.rubyonrails.org), read blogs, read articles, watched railscasts, etc.

Until then... I realized that Ruby on Rails is very addictive!

Until now... I'm still an ROR Dev and I'm enjoying it. Currently, I'm working at a US based company here in the Philippines.

I'm loving the environment here because we're SCRUM, we're Agile. I'm hoping to learn a lot more.

My principle: MOVE FAST AND BREAK THINGS

Well I believe that doing things as fast as you could is better than perfecting stuffs for the first time. Because, we're not robots... and we would still encounter failures to teach us valuable lessons. IMHO only! You move fast and you break things to become perfect!

PS: And I believe also that "Learning" never stops. Until now, I'm still reading a lot of EBOOKS, and other tutorials to enhance my skills.

Nice to meet you everyone. Looking forward for this forum. :)

#2 MrPepper

MrPepper

Dispatcher

• Members
  • 31 posts
  • LocationEast Coast

Posted 24 August 2013 - 05:35 PM

Welcome!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: rails, ruby on rails, xiruki, xiruki tepe

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users