The ultimate community for Ruby on Rails developers.

Any open RoR apps to study and learn?

Rails open sample app

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 alexsosa

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 04 June 2014 - 03:07 PM

Can someone point me to some open RoR apps that I can download and study in order to learn from them?

#2 TomRago3

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 09 June 2014 - 10:32 AM

Do you know about github? https://github.com/

Github is for sharing and reviewing source-code and has not just Ruby On Rails apps but a wide variety of other programming languages.

You should specify your level of knowledge in Ruby On Rails.

-Tom (:

#3 lisastokes

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 23 May 2015 - 07:14 AM

Yes, Github is a good resource to learn from. Even gitorious is good.

'If you were coding in Ruby, you'd be home by now!' - A passionate web developer newbie doing my internship with a reputed web development company in NY.

#4 awesome-forms

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 31 August 2015 - 05:51 PM

A while back I released my game, Elite Command, as open source. While it's not your typical Rails app, there is a lot to learn in there WRT working with MongoDB as a back end, use of the Command pattern to maintain thin controllers and models and provide undo support, and a whole lot more.

• Ohm likes this

Rails developer since pre-1.0, and still at it! Maybe I can help you. :)

Check out my company, Awesome Forms, for easy contact forms, customer surveys, and any other kind of web form you need!

#5 jefflunt

• Moderators
  • 202 posts

Posted 02 September 2015 - 04:01 PM

Ran a programming contest a few months ago called RailsChallenge. This repo contains links to all the forks (solutions) to the challenge, and provides insight into many solutions to the same problem from developers of various skill levels and backgrounds.

Here's a list of the top solutions, as judged by a panel of professional developers. Serves as a good compare/contrast between various solutions. The source repo contains automated tests that you can try to get passing if you're looking for a learning experience, even though the challenge itself has ended.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users