The ultimate community for Ruby on Rails developers.

Photo

myFace | The Future of Social Networking

facebook clone social new

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 stuartmoseley

stuartmoseley

Passenger

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 25 April 2014 - 04:21 AM

Hi, first of all let me introduce myself, i'm Stuart, a new developer on the RoR scene.

I have created a "like" Facebook clone using RoR. What i am after is someone that knows RoR weel to become a full business partner (profit split 50/50).

Features and Technologies used in MyFace are:

Authentication - Login / Registration / Sessions done through Devise. -

Commenting - Comment on posts and photos. -

Liking - Polymorphic likes that work on posts,comments and pages.

Photo Albums - Photos are uploaded through FilePicker and stored on Amazon S3. Photo Modals load through Ajax and are commentable on. -

Profiles - Make your own profile, complete with cover pictures and wall posts. -

Display Picture Editing - Add effects and customize your display picture through the aviary API, which is connected to Filepicker

Messaging and Real Time Chat - Send long messages to your friends. Or message them in a real time chat, similar to Facebooks. Which includes presence and typing notifications.

Real Time Notifications - Receive notifications in real time when your friends comment on / like your posts or post on your profile

Events - Make events which are displayed on a jQuery Calender, attend, decline and post on the event page.

Pages - Make a page and post to it privately. Other users can like and post to your page.

Friending - Requests / Friends / Unfriending

News Feed - News feed of yours and your friends posts, shown in a news feed with infinite scroll.

Multi Model Search - Search for your friends / events and pages through one search form.

No demo as yet, due to this was made in localhost, and i have no idea how to deploy it live lol

but i will be selling each copy of MyFace script for a cheap $20.

Over the next few months i will be releasing new themes/templates & Plugins.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: facebook clone, social, new

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users