The ultimate community for Ruby on Rails developers.

Photo

Statistics?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Jemagee

Jemagee

Dispatcher

• Members
  • 59 posts

Posted 19 August 2013 - 10:01 PM

I'm looking for a gem or direction towards statistics, and I'm not talking web site statistics, but actually dynamically calculating statistics.

What I want to create is something like this (yeah I know it's baseball but it's kind of what i want) based on shot information downloaded from ESPN.com - it need to be dynamically generated because I would allow the user to select parsing by time of the game, home away, etc...

I found a 'heat map' gem - but it doesn't really do what I want it to do...but statistical analysis gems seem hard to find on the ruby-toolbox that aren't related to web stats

I do not know how to use R - if that's the solution I do understand :)

#2 Jemagee

Jemagee

Dispatcher

• Members
  • 59 posts

Posted 20 August 2013 - 10:47 PM

It's not actually a heat map sadly - i don't know what it's called tehcnically - maybe a 'hot zone' chart - i figured i'd have to build it myself - sadly i want it to be complicated - because not only do i want the grid of where the player is hot / not but i want to be able to over lay or see separately their 'taken shot location' chart - so you can see where the majority of their shots come from.  I was on my walk yesterday and thought that would be a good 'small' piece to start with :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users