The ultimate community for Ruby on Rails developers.

Photo

Why we need cms on ruby on rails programming?

cms ruby on rails

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 dailammoc

dailammoc

Dispatcher

• Members
  • 36 posts
  • Location/

Posted 21 March 2014 - 10:35 AM

To day i read an article about cms in ruby on rails, and I was confused for the reason why we need cms. Can someone explain clearly to me?

#2 Jamie

Jamie

Controller

• Moderators
  • 140 posts
  • LocationNewcastle, UK

Posted 21 March 2014 - 12:55 PM

Well imagine a website which contains content people view, content that people view daily such as news, blogs and sites which feature products will require these to be maintained by someone.

That someone probably won't be a developer who has the ability or knowledge to make changes in Ruby code and then push to the server and make sure it's deployed successfully.

I work for a company a rails developer and I always build some sort of cms to allow marketing teams and managers to login and post new blog posts, update product pages and change content on the about us page. It saves me doing the hard work when they can.

Rails developer based in Newcastle, UK.

#3 dailammoc

dailammoc

Dispatcher

• Members
  • 36 posts
  • Location/

Posted 21 March 2014 - 01:20 PM

Thank you so much for you answer. I know that this is a stupid question, but I am studying by myself and I am a very new in web and in RoR specifically. I'm working on ruby 2.0 and rails 4.0.3, so it is difficult to find an CMS that support this version.

#4 Jamie

Jamie

Controller

• Moderators
  • 140 posts
  • LocationNewcastle, UK

Posted 21 March 2014 - 09:35 PM

I'm not sure I follow your comment regarding finding it difficult for a CMS that supports Rails 4.0.3.

Build your own or use a pre-built one and you shouldn't have any difficulties. 

Rails developer based in Newcastle, UK.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: cms, ruby on rails

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users