The ultimate community for Ruby on Rails developers.

Photo

Whole machine crashes after rails application deployment

Rails deployment crawler kernel panic

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 upscalite

upscalite

Passenger

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 15 February 2014 - 07:33 PM

Hi, all, I have created a app for a company which crawls the data, from the news article and stores them in MySQL for contextual processing , I have also developed weight based algo, where my algo checks the data based on the keywords which matches and has strong weight that means that news is important for us,

Now everything's seems to be fine except one thing, this app is a headache installing in RHEL first of all we don't have any option regarding this the company where we have to install this only wants RHEL And now issue I got to know they were not using the licensed version of RHEL so no issues we have somehow got it worked, using cent so repos. To download the packages and other things like mongo And you know important dependencies ,

Now we have been continually facing a amazing issue from the app or what we don't really know, we are still in cloud situation what is it, is it our fate or what, this app hasn't been able to run continuous for more than a month , this was the highest , whenever we install this app,

We are facing these issues :
1. Most of the times server crashes, kernel panics, sometimes, this happens, and that happens and woah server goes down again, I am not talking about web server the whole machine,

Now we are not able to record anything , and talking about the machine it's quite new and hardware is quite high end including 4tb of hdd and 64 gb of ram, specially for our app,

Now in the last, we have install the app again and again we have been doing this for more then around 12 times and....

What places we are believing that, are getting wrong are,
Mostly packages because we are fixing the centos repo so, this could be an issues,

We even tried to integrate it with passenger , too but no luck

We need some direction what should be do now in terms of deployment

Our app, is based on ruby 2.00 and rails 3.2.8 and uses some crucial gems like anemone, unicorn and uses mongodb and MySQL as db

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Rails, deployment, crawler, kernel panic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users