The ultimate community for Ruby on Rails developers.

Photo

Projects and ideas section

projects ideas suggestion

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Rui

Rui

Passenger

• Members
  • 2 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 16 August 2013 - 03:34 PM

Hi all,

How about a section for people to talk about some projects and ideas they have, for instance to get some help getting things done (something like a "Help wanted" section)?

In my case I'm lacking good ideas to implement and I would like to develop my RoR skills. It would be cool to work on a real RoR project, and I bet many people would also prefer this instead of doing endless tutorials.

#2 Rui

Rui

Passenger

• Members
  • 2 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 16 August 2013 - 03:40 PM

Well, RoR is for web development, but web development involves many other things like icons, images, design, scripting, etc, etc, etc.

I suggest the creation of a section so that people can share useful resources with others (icon sets, free templates, frameworks and so on).

#3 Jamie

Jamie

Controller

• Moderators
  • 114 posts
  • LocationThe UK

Posted 16 August 2013 - 03:50 PM

Well, RoR is for web development, but web development involves many other things like icons, images, design, scripting, etc, etc, etc.

I suggest the creation of a section so that people can share useful resources with others (icon sets, free templates, frameworks and so on).

I am sure this type of forum will be added in the future but right now I think the focus of everybody who is joining the site to discuss and build the great Rails discussions and resources in the already created forum areas.

Wouldn't you agree?

PS - I have merged your other suggestion into this thread since they were posted in such a short time.

Rails developer based in Newcastle, UK.
Web app owner - Twitter lover

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users