The ultimate community for Ruby on Rails developers.

Photo

I am looking for a developer to hire in London

Job London Contract Work

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 DCB

DCB

Passenger

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 13 January 2014 - 01:23 PM

I require an experienced Ruby developer to assist with the maintenance and further development of an existing Ruby-on-Rails request and approval workflow system. The system has a rich user interface which makes extensive use of Ajax calls, together with a number of interfaces to other systems, but the system as a whole was developed some time ago and is in need of overhauling to bring it in line with current Rails architecture. 

You must be capable of understanding business requirements and translating these into appropriate solutions to end-user requirements based on the capabilities of the Ruby-on-Rails framework and associated technologies. You should also have an understanding of business needs and an ability to prioritize your work, as well as an understanding of the culture and constraints imposed by highly-regulated environments such as banking.

You must be able to analyse, design, program, and debug applications in JRuby from specification documents, written descriptions and verbal problem reports. You should be aware of current Ruby and Rails best practices, and be able to produce proper documentation for all changes. In addition to your developer role, you will be expected to provide third-level support and maintenance for the applications which you develop.

If you feel you are suitable for this role please drop me a message as i'd love to hear from you. This project is looking to pay up to £450 per day on a six month contract.

Essential Requirements:

·         Outstanding Ruby-on-Rails skills

·         A track record of successful project delivery

·         Ability to understand complex systems

·         Excellent understanding of relational databases and ActiveRecord

·         Good understanding of HTML, CSS and Javascript

·         Experience developing applications using jQuery

·         Ability to work directly with clients to understand their requirements

·         Good people skills

Experience of the following would be an advantage:

·         JRuby

·         Java and J2SE

·         Deployment of Rails on Tomcat

·         Oracle

·         Subversion

·         Jenkins

·         RSpec

·         SOAP

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Job, London, Contract, Work

0 user(s) are reading this topic