The ultimate community for Ruby on Rails developers.

Photo

Hello fellow Rubyists

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Vasspilka

Vasspilka

Signalman

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 26 December 2013 - 02:34 PM

Hello everyone, My name is Vasilis (Billy) Spilka, I am 21 years old and currently I'm studying Computer Science in Greece.

I always loved the Internet, so this summer I thought I would try out web-developement, I got my hands on a copy of "Agile Web Development with Rails"   and immediately fell in love with RoR and the possibilities of the Web.

Lately I have been obsesed with an open-sourced project I started and have pretty high hopes for it :). My goal is to learn web-developement, as well as contribute to this wonderfull community the Developing Web has formed.

The project is a RoR web-app, that hopes to be a Platform for local comminities to interact with each other. It is mainly focused on local buisnesses as Restaurants or Clubs. It's primary purpose is to be easily deployed to a VPS by almost anyone as a service for their comminity.

The information regarding Web Developement and Design is overwhelming, so I am really happy I found a place like this to seek help and share my knownledge with others.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users